Sysco HR Generalist in Kennesaw, Georgia
US1411 SOTF, LLC
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for working with associates to successfully execute local, regional, and corporate human resources programs, initiatives, and policies to maintain equitable and consistent development and treatment of associates.
• Assist with ensuring that the company complies with all State and Federal regulatory agencies and employment laws
• Investigate problems, such as working conditions, disciplinary actions, and associate concerns
• Provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to leadership
• Oversee the performance management process, working with leaders on their associate reviews and coaching, providing training and consultation as necessary
• Work with leaders to create and maintain workforce staffing plans
• Coordinate recruiting efforts to ensure that competent, diverse, and skilled associates are hired, and workload levels are appropriate and maintained, and work to minimize turnover
• Formulate and recommend program goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations
• Develop, implement, and administer the management-labor relations area of the Human Resources program to improve labor relations
• Communicate compensation policies, procedures, and programs to associates
• Provide guidance and recommendations for HR (human resources) practices and problem resolutions
• Handle workers comp claims and associated communication with associates and carrier
• Conducts new hire orientation and ensure new hires are successfully on-boarded
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a closely related field
• Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred
• 2-5 years of experience in Human Resources, or an equivalent combination of related training and experience
• Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations
• Recruiting and staffing
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and various HRIS, Workday preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.